I have made a new friend who is moving away. The very sad part is that we could have been friends for three years, but have only very recently discovered how much we have in common and how much we like each other. Between her shyness and my "putting on a good face" for people (don't start, I'm trying to fix the problem), we have wasted almost three years of what would have been a fantastic friendship. I fully intend to keep in touch with her, and I have a feeling I will count her among my dearest friends, but it makes me upset that we did this - and I know it bothers her too.
I am going to try harder to reach out to people, because this is a lesson I don't want to repeat. Everyone wants to be loved and accepted and have a friend - so if I have to be the one to reach out, then I will. But if I reach out to you, will you do me a favor and reach back and meet me halfway? So much easier all around.
Thanks to the ladies for a great girls night last night - it's the longest one I've had in a while. Sheena, I expect a blog link very, very soon. And I will miss you, my friend.
7.20.2008
Opportunity Lost
Posted by Valerie at 10:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Okay, I am so jealous, not about you losing a friend, but about girls night. I miss girls night. I remember having so much fun on those nights, when I lived there. On another note - I am such a copy cat. I liked some of the blogs you had on your list so I added them to mine.
I wish I could've been there! Thanks for thinking of me, though and maybe next time I'll be in town. Sounds like you had a lot more fun, not that it can compete with all my quality time spent in airports this weekend...a close second I guess!
Post a Comment