7.01.2008

I miss my husband. A lot. I miss talking to him in person because we have hardly anything to say on the phone (mostly because he's afraid of scaring me with whatever things they're doing with/on/around/in rocks - but we carry a lot of insurance so it's okay*. A LOT of insurance). I miss the little things that he does, like take out the garbage and recycling once a week, and pick up the dirty diapers that have just been thrown into the garage, and clean up the yard without me saying anything, and wrestling with the boys, and holding the baby so I can have 2 freakin' minutes to myself. But I think what I miss most of all is the illusion of help - when he is gone I can no longer believe that the dish-fairy is going to come and clean up my kitchen, or that the discipline-dude is going to yell at my kids so I don't have to; it's all on me.

All day.

Everyday.

And all night.

Never ending.

No breaks.

This is starting to sound like a pity party so I'm going to quit and go read. Please remember that misery loves company, so don't leave me "feel better" comments. If you comment it better be along the line of "yeah, that blows..."

Kendra - tell me you feel my pain. Or am I the only one who puts the kids to bed and eats cookies 'til it makes me want to puke?

*for those of you who think I am callous and insensitive - I take comfort in the fact that we are sealed forever. And I would be lost without him...this is that whole sarcasm thing we were talking about, remember?

9 comments:

Kendra said...

last night i ate three smores after the kids were in bed and i too wanted to puke afterwards. i would never have done that with andy here - how embarrassing!

i hear ya sis. right now i'm trying to keep my days as packed as possible so the day goes faster, but then it means grumpy kids because we are always on the go. the days i am dealing with. its the nights that are hard on me. it's kind of turned into andy's job to get the kids bathed and to bed. so after all day of being nice, at bedtime i turn into a monster. because, just get in bed and be asleep already dang it! why do you freaking need baths, scriptures, prayers, a million books, a gazillion songs, a pazillion drinks, EACH! so fun. or not so much.

and andy's hot so i would like to see his face every once in a while.

nuff said.

Kelsey Danielle said...

I love you you crack me up!! thanks for being so real! I hate reading about how everyone else's lives are so perfect all the time!! thanks so much!

Holly said...

Yeah, that blows.

I think you should pack the kids, we'll take care of lunch, and come down here. Neither one of us work so we are the easiest people to come visit (besides the $4.50 gas thing and the hour and a half drive). You come here, we'll take you to swim in the liquid glacier they call Boyer Park. It's actually very refreshing.

Or we'll make up a reason to come there and play. I can't take ALL your kids (since my boobies don't work like yours. Ever.) but I can come take them outside and hold certain little people until mom has finished her frozen lemonade I promise to get you from Starbucks on the way. (they're GOOOOOOD!)

think about it over some Oreos. And remember, you're not a bad person unless the Oreos are double stuft. And even then, as long as you're not dunking in whole milk, you're a fantastic person all the same.

Valerie said...

Kelsey - this doesn't sound perfect to you?

JR Hale said...

Val you are a riot. I love your witty words. You should write a book.........I know it would be a best seller.

I keep threatening to fire the maid if she ever shows back up ......... LOL. (I forgot how much does not get done in a day when there is a baby or toddler around ... and you have three!)
I have come to the conclusion that what does not get done today probably will not get done tomorrow either!

If you get tired of cookies --reese's pieces are yummy and always make it better.

The Maddens said...

Bethany wants to say something. I was going through my blogging rituals and she peeks over my shoulder to read and tell me what to say. And I told her that she doesn't blog so she can't say anything. Bethany says, "I think you should read Twilight again - It has a way of making me forget all the crap I have to do. And I know someone who would send you her copy...heh heh"

The Maddens said...

today when Bethany got home from work after her 12 hour stretch and I was wiping butts and feeding faces and putting kids to bed and breaking up fights. I was like, "I hate this crap. give me my full time job back." And I was looking all over for some goodies but since I am also doing the shopping I don't buy them cause I have promised to only buy what is on the list when I go or else I come home with so much garbage. It is hard work and I think more men need to do the whole stay at home dad thing for a little while to open their eyes. I think it is sad that I would rather be up on the roof on a 100 degree day then stay at home with the kids for all day. I need a girls night out!! I think I was pretty cool about them but I know why they happened so much. But I had to settle for a glass of juice. The end.

Valerie said...

Aw, Dave, you can come on girls night anytime you want. Except you moved to Idaho. And Bethany, my mom bought me my own copies of Twilight and I did read them again...that's 4 times if you're counting, coming up quickly on 5 (cuz I'm going to read them again...)

Rae said...

I eat cookies until I want to puke even when Ryan is here. Don't tell me that it is going to be this bad, at least you guys are on the downside. Ryan will be out of town for 3 or 4 weeks in Oct. I won't even be able to tell the kids to go outside to play just to give me a break from their voices. I know Ryan feels bad though because he does now how it feels since I was working and out of town he had to pick up the slack. Seeing now how it is I am going to have to go get 3 or 4 of those big party size ice creams buckets and make milk shakes everynight. Oh and did I mention that I sleep with my glasses on when Ryan is gone- oh how I wish I could see.....