I got inspired a couple of months ago by Kendra's post of the things her kids said that she remembered to write down. And lest we forget that this is a "family" blog, here's my own, much shorter list:
I don't know the date for this first one, but Caden was about 4:
Caden (saying the prayer for dinner): Dear Heavenly Father, To Infinity and Beyond,...
5/15/08
Lincoln (after singing Wheels on the Bus): You're a mommy!
Me: You're right
Lincoln: I'm a kid - I'm all growed up!
Lincoln: I want to play My Little Spy
Caden reading from Highlights magazine: When is a dog's tail like a farmer's cart?
Dad: I don't know, when?
Caden: When it's a waggin' ha ha ha!
Dad: Do you get it?
Caden: Yeah, do you get it?
Lincoln pointing at the moon: There's the Earth
5/19/08
Me: We have to go home and get ready for Kimber
Lincoln: So you can go run?
Me: Yeah
Lincoln: Run for your lives?
5/21/08
Me: Lincoln, come here, I want to check your teeth
Lincoln: My teeth can't shine!
5/22/08
Lincoln: What kind of chicken is that?
Me (cutting up chicken): It's raw chicken, don't touch it.
Lincoln (running to the table): YUM! We're having raw chicken!
5/25/08
Lincoln: Ow! My bum hurts!
Me: Your bum hurts? We should probably change you.
Lincoln: No! There's marshmallows in there!
5/26/08
Lincoln: I want to touch the clouds.
6/1/08
Caden to Lincoln: Your breath smells like rotten cheese!
Caden to our friend Dave: That's ball-pit-in-the-ocean funny!
6/13/08
Caden: Where did you go for your date?
Me: We went out to dinner
Caden: Where?
Me: Outback
Caden: Outback where?
Me to Lincoln (after his shower): Are you all clean now?
Lincoln: Yeah, and shiny!
6/15/08
Lincoln (during dinner, Dad holding Aile): Can Aile have some?
Me: No, she doesn't eat food. What does she eat?
Lincoln: Milk - from your thingy's.
6/18/08
Lincoln (pointing at a picture): What's that?
Me: It's a bat
Lincoln: Bats are scary. It have a pig nose.
7/1/08
Grandpa to Lincoln: Do you want me to give Annabelle a squirt bottle and let her squirt you?
Lincoln: NO
Annabelle: Well it's gonna happen anyway!
(admittedly not my kid, but still very funny)
Caden: I know how to say yellow in spanish: Armadillo!
7/8/08
Lincoln (after passing gas): Excuse my bum. My bum burps!
Lincoln: I'm hungry
Me: Me too. What are you going to cook for breakfast?
Lincoln: I don't cook, you're the grown up, you cook the cereal!
Lincoln: Can I have a cookie?
Caden: Yeah, today I need to lower my sugars a little bit.
7/10/08
Lincoln (outside in the wind): Can you turn off the wind thingy?
7.10.2008
I Really, Really Love My Kids
Posted by Valerie at 9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Good idea- storing marshmallows for later :)
Very funny! I just love Caden's prayer.
This is hilarious!
I should keep track. Don't be surprised to see a copy post later.
These are so funny. I didn't think I would want to read too many of them, not knowing the actors, and all, but they are all really funny!
Val,
Your so funny.
I loved reading your blog and
all the cute things your boys have said. They are soooo cute.
Seriously cute like a 20 on a scale of 1-10.
Anyway. Ive been so busy that Ive not been able to get to the pics from the trip yet.But Im sure this week I will. I can't wait to edit them.I'll let you know when Im done.
Love ya
Billie
Post a Comment