2.03.2009

The 'Fest Continues...

Lincoln was sick Friday night into Saturday, and I got it Sunday night and all day Monday. Thankfully Lincoln's only lasted about 8 hours, although he still doesn't really have much of an appetite back. I was not so lucky.

My particular strain was worse in almost every way - I'll spare you the details. I will however say I'm feeling much, much better today, and am so very grateful. Hopefully we're done now, because Ryan will have escaped getting sick if we are. If he gets something it takes him forever to recover, and then the grades and everything else go into the toilet.

A very BIG THANK YOU to my mom who dropped everything and spent the day taking care of my kids and running them around, and running to the store, and doing my dishes, and playing with the kids, andandand. It was very nice to have time to actually rest, and to have someone take care of everything else so that I could take care of me. Thankyouthankyouthankyou MOM!

I promise to post something more exciting than puke in the next couple of days. Today I have to play catch-up.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I wish I had never left Spokane just for the MOM factor. We're not all that far but when I am sick it seems SO SO SO far! I also got the crud this weekend and am still fighting it off. I cried Saturday night for my mommy and then fell asleep.

I am glad you are close enough to get her help and able to accept it. I have a hard time with the accepting it part (besides the time I let you guys clean my whole duplex so we could move... you're the best!)

Doug and Marilyn said...

Oh man! I'm sorry that happened to all of you. Allie is sick...but not throwing up. I don't think there's anything worse than puking...Hope you are feeling better!!

Anonymous said...

Your mom totally rocks! She was a huge help when Holly was in the hospital last Spring. Thank goodness for people like her, although they are few and far between!