In my search for the perfect tote, I happened across this purse on Etsy and fell in love. Don't try to buy it, it's already sold. But it was $45 plus shipping!!!! No way was I willing to pay that for a purse, let alone a FABRIC purse. And then, as I scrolled down, I noticed that the seller had very generously provided all the information I needed to make one for myself. Thanks seller!
I wear a lot more brown than black so my purse is brown instead, but it was so simple that I may make a black one too. And a orange one, and a green one, and a purple one.... I even included one big pocket for uh, feminine essentials, and two smaller pockets for a cell phone and a pack of gum (or whatever else you might use it for). All the pockets have velcro closures. The purse is lined in linen-look fabric and has a magnetic snap. Other than the color.....pretty darn close, dontcha think?

2.08.2009
Posted by Valerie at 10:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Good Job Val....It does look just like it.
So....when are you going to make me one? :)
this is cute. if i ever get a spare minute i may try it... im waiting for spring weather to set in, then i'll be into bags again, for some reason i can't bring myself to carry around any kind of purse or bag during the winter.
I like yours better.
I love bags... I should pay you to make me one or two hehe! Since you've had so much practice it would be a sinch :) Seriously if you want to let me know.
With my wife's addiction to purses that spread into a need to have something "new for the season" I may consider you the new purse shop! She loves purses so much but does seem to have a short attention span for them.
Make me pay a little extra for being your brother-in-law and I could probably support your family by buying these through you instead of doing purse shopping at Shopko. And we'd still save money!
Post a Comment