The much anticipated day began with the making of the cupcakes to take to school. Then off we ran, over to Grandma Smiths house to open the first birthday present. Then we met friends at Jump and Bounce which is essentially $6 an hour to let your kids loose in a warehouse full of giant (and I mean GIANT) bounce houses. Totally worth it. They all had a blast, even Aile. Slept really well that night too.
Then, over to Wal-Mart, home to frost cupcakes, and quickly over to the school to drop off the birthday boy and treats for the class. Caden wanted to get a present for Lincoln too, so off to the store, then back to pick up Lincoln. Daddy came home early, so Lincoln opened presents (yay! Batman stuff!), then off to McDonald's for dinner (his choice, not mine).
Our Batboy

Back home we had leftover cupcakes from the school or leftover cake from Aile's birthday because the real cake was being saved for the firstbirthdaypartywithfriends on Saturday.
Fastforward now to Saturday, here's how the party went down: we played pin the bat on the batsignal, color your own paper cape, and freeze tag with balloons. If you haven't already guessed, we had a Batman theme. Here it is in pictures:
The Cake
Reversible Batman/Superman Cape Party Favors

Opening the Presents

Note to self: black fondant turns your teeth and tongue black too. Hmm, something to keep in mind for the future.
Lincoln had a great time at his first REAL birthday party, and Mommy is just glad it's over now. I love this boy so much! He is my most favorite 4 year old boy in the whole wide world. Happy Birthday Lincoln!
4 comments:
look at you!! What a cool party--great cake and fun capes!! Looks like Lincoln had a WONDERFUL party!
I cannot wrap my brain around Lincoln being 4. Wow, happy birthday! Cute idea for party favors I bet they were a big hit. Got your purse, awesome Val thanks! Did you get the $?
We miss going to your parties. Well I do anyway cause I am only writing for myself. Bethany is asleep on the couch. But they were always a lot of fun. And I also loved them cause (and this wasn't only at birthday parties) every time we tried to do some dishes you would tell us not to. It was so funny to me. I know I can say this for Bethany now, but we miss you guys. Playing games is always fun. Except when I try and take a picture.
love the cake and capes! what great ideas.
Post a Comment