4.28.2009

Yeah, it was a fairly long light

I was driving down Sprague the other day (big 5 lane road for those of you NOT from Spokane) and got stopped at a light. I glance to my right and there is a man standing there advertising Dominos Pizzas for $5. He catches my attention because he is holding the sign up in front of his face and he's shaped a little like my ex-BIL Brandon (tall, roundish guy). So I keep watching to see what he actually looks like. While I'm waiting for him to move the sign my gaze drifts down to his right hand, which, bytheway, is holding a lit cigarette.

Appetizing.

Then my gaze drifts right and I notice that his shirt does not quite cover his paunch (read: beer belly) and there's a lovely band of underwear showing at the top of his pants. His pants look like someone took the requisite fast-food-polyester-black-uniform-pant and cut them off into very long shorts. They're the kind of pants the don't have a button or snap but use that little metal hook and loop system.

Ask me how I know that. Go on, ask me.

The answer is because his pants, while zipped up, were in fact, undone. In public. Without a shirt long enough to cover them.

Mmmm, let me get some pizza from you.

I tried to get my cell phone out and get a picture but by the time I had snapped out of my amazement that someone would feel it was just fine to go to work on street corner half dressed with a cigarette, purposely drawing attention to themselves, and was NOT in fact a hooker, the light had changed and I had to go.

This should serve as a good reminder to the rest of us: Always do up your pants. Or at least make sure your shirt covers them if they're undone.

8 comments:

Holly said...

Every pregnant woman knows this. From the time she has to use techniques to get her pants on but maternity pants won't work yet.

My bigger question: How did dinner arrive last night?

I had a dream about it which I forgot until just now.

Holly said...

My word verification was
TICALICA

Maybe that's what B's twin was doing before he held the sign.

"teek-a leek-a" and forgot to zip it back up.

But what did he do with his cigarette?

Doug and Marilyn said...

That is just wrong. I had a worse encounter with a Little Cesar's sign holder. Ask me about it next time because I fear your blog readers may hurl if they read it!

Holly said...

Now I want to know about the Ceasar guy!

Give me the dirt if you find out, huh?

Kelsey Danielle said...

ha ha ha ha ha very very yummy!

The Momma said...

You didn't whistle at him?!

Melanie said...

He, he, he.....you always have the BEST experiences. I'm totally jealous!

The Maddens said...

I walked from one end of campus to the other and had my fly down the whole time. Nobody said a word until i ran into a friend who just starts dying from laughter. I had to just about beat the crap out of him to know what he was laughing at. Once he caught his breath he told me and I looked down and it was 8 inches one way and 6 inches the other wide open and you could not miss it. What is up with these mormons up here at BYU-I. If I was at any other school people would have a least pointed and snickered.