Well.
My parents are off having a fantastic time in Greece and we are housesitting slash babysitting the dogs for them while they're gone. Coincidentally we are also packing up our house and moving in with my parents to save some moo-lah before we make our big trek to Montana this summer. So firstly, we are housesitting, but come June we are squatting.
This is really just great because I love my parents, and Ryan is never, ever, ever home anymore. That's not true. He's home between the hours of 10:30pm and 6:30am everyday, except Sunday, when he's home slightly longer than that. Stupid 21 credits of HARD classes to graduate this quarter.
Also, since there are so many geologists out there reading this, if you know of a kick-a** summer job that pays a ton could you send the info our way, please? Because with the aforementioned 21 credits there has been NO TIME to job search. I'm not actually sure just how exactly we'll move this month, but I have faith that it will happen. Mostly because I refuse to pay rent for next month, plus the extra-motivating factor of our house already being rented beginning June 15th.
So.
Yesterday I spent calling and cancelling cable service, garbage service, phone and internet service, and changing addresses with as many companies that we do business with as I had numbers for with me. At least that part's (mostly) done. Now we just have to pack up 11 years worth of married life and shove it storage for a few months.
Again.
5.14.2009
Moving Sucks
Posted by Valerie at 1:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
At least you get to squat.
I am now going to call it that forever. Sorry.
And, good luck with the rest of it all. Let me know if I can help in anyway that costs no money, as we have none, either.
moving is the pits!! so amen to that sista.
Please make sure that you send me your parent's digits so I can still call you! I wish I could come and help you pack, so much more fun to pack with a friend!
I don't know what your talking about. I'm loving the packing every day and trying to find somewhere to live in a different state with no money to move with. The moving merriment in our house is overwhelming.
Tell me about it. We are now on our sixth move in 4 years. So there! (thwpt)
Post a Comment