I like cookies. I think I've mentioned this before. I know I've posted about these particular cookies before and yet they are sooooo good that I am posting about them again. Hey, it's been almost a year. Plus, bonus for you, this time there are more pictures! YAY!!! I know you're so excited and impressed that I bothered to take pictures of cookies whilst I was in the process of making said cookies. C'mon, you know you are.
Aile was having one of her famous fits on the day that we made this particular batch so she got to 'help'. She didn't quite know what to do with it at first, but once she figured it out she was much, much happier.
Aile was having one of her famous fits on the day that we made this particular batch so she got to 'help'. She didn't quite know what to do with it at first, but once she figured it out she was much, much happier.

By the time I cleaned her up she had cookie dough EVERYWHERE, including up her legs and between her toes. Talk about some tasty toe-jam! (yeah, I know that's gross). Don't go leaving me comments about how she could get salmonella from the eggs in the dough, blahblahblah. I ate cookie dough all growing up and I'm fine.Shut your mouth, yes I am.
Eating cookie dough is one of childhoods greatest pleasures. Also fun for adults. See, good for the whole family.
Anyway, on with the cookies!
Monster Cookies
Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 1/4 C packed light brown sugar
1 C granulated sugar
1/2 t salt
1/2 t vanilla
2 t baking soda
1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter (or 1 1/2 C)
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 bag (medium size) M & M's
3/4 bag mini chocolate chips
4 1/2 C quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)
Preheat oven to 350' F. Cream butter, peanut butter, sugars, eggs, salt, vanilla, and soda. Stir in oatmeal, chocolate chips and M & M's.
Drop by large scoops (like an ice-cream scoop) onto baking sheets.
Flatten slightly with fingers. Bake approx 15-16 min. Do not overbake.
Let stand 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
Makes 3 doz.If you make them tablespoon size, bake 8-10 min. Makes considerably more.
Now for all 4 of you that read my weightloss blog you should know that we gave away at least 1/2 of the cookies. Plus, I very judiciously am only eating them when the kids have one (and sometimes not even then) so that I don't eat them all by my lonesome. 'Cause you know, I like cookies.

5 comments:
Man those look awesome. I wish I could make them at home. Maybe I will have to make a batch, give most of them away and steel some away in the freezer for guilty pleasure time. Yum!
YUMMY...I love those cookies too.
I have the recipe which makes like a million of them, so I am glad that you have the smaller version that I can steal.
Ohhh I've heard of these cookies and can now make them myself. I'm in trouble, especially since I'm trapped indoors today because of a cranky child and nasty weather.
Wow. Sometimes I like to use the pregnancy as a shield like: "If I eat 5 cookies, no one will know...I'm supposed to gain weight." So now is the best time in the world to make those fan-tab-u-lous looking cookies.
Just happened upon your blog. It is my firm belief that cooking cookie dough ruins the cookie dough because they become cookies. They look soooo good though.
Post a Comment