6.03.2008

Stupid Higher Education and Job Transfers

Be prepared to feel sorry for me! I have not made as many friends (that weren't family) since I have since we moved to Spokane (are you with me so far?). And they have all or will have all moved away by the end of July. THIS SUCKS!!!! Needless to say, I am feeling a little sorry for myself. Here they are in order of leaving:

1. Di - so attuned to her inner teenager, she makes me feel young.
2. Leah - so practical and high energy, she makes me feel like I can do anything - we don't keep in touch as much as I'd like.
3. Bethany - so spiritual, so fun, so funny, so adventerous.....so this sucks. I have spent more time with her than anyone else over the past 3 years - we don't always agree but we have complete honesty between us. I think I'll miss you most of all scarecrow (or was it tin-man or the lion???)
4. Melanie - so outgoing, there is never a dull moment or an awkward pause in conversation. We can talk about anything. I wish I was more like her.
5. Sharla - If I had a twin it would be her. Except where I fail, she often succeeds. She amazes me - I don't know a stronger woman.

Bethany and Sharla will be the worst - we have been the 3 musketeers for almost 4 years and they are leaving within 1 1/2 months of each other (sniff, sniff). There have been others who have left as well, but they didn't leave as big a hole as these 5 have and will. Okay, so technically I'll still see Melanie who just moved to the South Hill (a different part of Spokane), but still! I'm beginning to feel like it's me....of course we'll be moving on by the end of next school year/summer but it's so much easier to leave than to be left. Now tell me, if you had friends like these, wouldn't you also be singing the blues when they deserted you? Sigh.

4 comments:

Kendra said...

you've just wrapped up how I have felt every May for the past 5 years. it does suck. i hate it. then next year when we are the ones to move, it'll suck even more. luckily there are the few of us who have been here around the same amount of time who seem to stick together;) good luck in building some new friendships. i picture you as making friends easily... me.... i hate making new friends because i suck at it:(

in my dreams we will move to spokane, then we can be friends:)

Valerie said...

except you'll move here and we'll move away....doesn't solve anything:(

Kendra said...

grrrr!

The Lovells said...

Your comments are so sweet. We are lifelong friends so we'll still talk (not the same I know). There was this song I used to listen to years ago that said "life is about changes nothing ever stays the same" as much as it sucks, it's so true. You were my first friend in Spokane (special). I have loved hanging out with you and sharing our parenting whoas. Thanks for being my friend Val.