Caden has officially passed Kindergarten. We were never really in any doubt but still, nice to have it down on paper.
On Friday Caden's school had a last-day-of-the-school-year picnic at Pavilion Park in Liberty Lake. There was food, and a water park, playground equipment, and lots and lots of people. This is the kind of thing that I normally avoid if the parent to child ratio is not 1:1, but we went anyway, mostly because Caden's best friend Trevor (and his mom, my friend Leslie) came with us. It was a lot of fun at the picnic, and then we all came back to our house afterwards and played for a few more hours. It was fun for the boys to get together, and Lincoln and Megan (Trevor's little sister) also had a good time (they're about the same age), and I GOT TO TALK TO A GROWN UP FOR SIX HOURS STRAIGHT! It was the most fun and relaxing day that I've had since Ryan left. Thank you Leslie! Of course, I neglected to take the camera so there will be no pictures of the event, but I couldn't post them now if I had anyway...disposable camera and all. Oh well. Sigh.
In looking over the calendar for next school year I noticed that Caden's school starts August 12th this year (we have him enrolled in a basically year round program within our district) so we (probably) won't be able to go to Stephanie's wedding the following weekend, which means we'll also miss Andy and Kendra when they come, which I'm so bummed out about! Unless we keep him out for the whole first week of school, but I don't know...it seems like a lot to miss...I guess Ryan and I have some discussions to hold when he gets back.
Two weeks down, two to go.
6.29.2008
End of the School Year
Posted by Valerie at 9:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Just thoughts for you discussion (because I really want you to come over), can you do Fri-Mon so he gets his first few days in and only misses two days? I know, hard decissions with the fist week of friend making, and getting into the grove and the feeling of belonging......
Rae - you are entirely too busy. I don't think I'd let my kid go to a school with a "fist week" and I don't think that would be conducive to friend making, and Caden's school doesn't have a "grove", just a plain old playground. Is the grove available only on the west-side of the state where all the trees block out the sky? ;)
But you make a good point, I'll bring it up with Ryan.
Maybe you can leave him with Grandma and Grandpa. They are lobbying to take Alex for a week so maybe there's a week or weekend for Caden in there, too.
val-I'm peeing my pants reading your response right now! those darn kegals never did work. thanks alot.
still. can't. stop. laughing.
sorry i had a long day.
Kendra - I can no longer jump on a trampoline for the same reason. :)
Okay so I was a little tired. Oh and I can't sneeze, allergy seasons is a, well you know.
Post a Comment