Last year when Caden was in Kindergarten I paid $25 for a family membership to the PTSA and never used it once. We never went to any of the activities they had, I never went to the meetings, nothing, nada, zip, zilch. So this year, I did not join the PTSA and yet somehow I have ended up on the auction committee. It's the only fundraiser Caden's school does all year, which is nice because we're not having to buy crapping paper, or crap knacks, or overpriced candy bars that the children eat on the bus and then hand their parents a box of empty wrappers and then expect you to pony up a check for said eaten candy bars at $3 a pop which is next to impossible because you already spent all your money on book orders for the same stupid kid; but on the other hand, the parents do all the work. And I do mean all the work.
I somehow have wound up in charge of all of the class projects - just making sure they get done. They're suppossed to be some kind of memorabilia thing, so lots of handprints, footprints, pictures, signatures going on with those. And of course I got handed the project midstream, so half the classes have parent volunteers already doing projects and half the classes don't.
Deep thought for today: If you leave a message and nobody calls you back, did you really leave a message at all?
Uh, nobody called me back. Until like a week later and then one lady did. Okay, so I have 3 of the 8 class projects all to myself. Luckily I'm so fetchin' awesome that I have no problem doing three projects. It's tickling my creative gene to HAVE to do something, instead of just choosing to do something. And all this would be fine if that's all I had to do. But no, oh no. I have also been assigned a list of businesses to try to cajole freebies out of. Now when I was a teenager I hated asking for something because I thought people would freak out and chase me with an ax or something, but now as a responsible adult I realize that the worst they can do is say no. Unless, of course, they are secretly ax murderers, in which case all my teenage angst will come to fruition. (Ooo, that's a .25 word. Everybody has to send me a quarter.)
I will contact all my businesses but, if you have a business and you want to rate at the top of my awesome-o-meter you can donate something for our school auction. If you have no business and still would like to rate at the top of my awesome-o-meter do not despair! You too, may donate something cool to the auction. If you actually do this (and I'm totally holding my breath, ready, *deep breath*), I will do a whole post about you and how awesome you are, and your generosity. Oh, and whatever you donate would be totally tax deductible; so the more value to the item the better for you. SWEET!
Okay, I'm starting to turn a lovely violet shade, so get donating!
9.25.2008
PTSA Power
Posted by Valerie at 10:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Valerie, I can donate some registration numbers to the games my husband and I make. E-mail me at heidi@dracosoft.com and let me know when this thing is and I will get you various registration numbers to give away (you will probably want to print them off on card stock or something to make it pretty though).
Val,
I will donate some Creative Memories stuff if you want. I have a couple of cool paper albums (like we made at a relief society class). Or I can look around and see what else. Let me know if you have something specific you would like. http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/sheenapyatt/catalog-index
I can't do anything. I am lame. Oh, I guess I could donate a free aerobics class done in the comforts of my living room (unless the person has a Gold's membership. Then I can give the class in the aerobics room at the gym). Just kidding. Who would buy that? Especially since I'm not a personal trainer. Now that, I would pay for.
Sorry, I don't have a quarter- Evan swallowed my last one.(JK) Again- sorry, I am lame, have no talent and have no really no pull at work anymore to get anything donated.
Maybe they need some old math textbooks? I probably have one or two or FIVE lying around. Maybe you'd like some chemistry tutoring? From this crap hole town? Because all the first graders need help with chemistry, y'know.
I really have nothing I can do. I could show them how to brush and floss but I am hoping they've got it figured out.
Okay, so if you want to request something specific, I'm all for it.
Yes, I know this helps in NO WAY but if there's something that you find yourself thinking I should/could do for this, please let me know as my brain fell out somewhere around 1:45 today. It was helpful since I had a physics test at 2.
Maybe I'll have ideas tomorrow.
Sorry this is a stupid and long comment for nothing. Just start thinking of SOMETHING cool and awesome to write about me because there will be some kind of
Oh, whatever.
um.....we are registered as an official school here in Indiana and we could really use some donations... a fundraiser maybe....no, I didn't think so.
Kendra - why couldn't you do a fundraiser? Yeah, it's a lot of work, but it's all profit in the end. Think about it...
Post a Comment