Tom Brady is out for the season. The FOOTBALL season. I am so bummed because I love Tom Brady. He is one of the three reasons that I watch football. The other two reasons I watch are Bret Favre and Peyton Manning. So imagine my dismay that Brady is out, and Favre retired but then un-retired only to go to another team to MAYBE play. How will I get through the season? How will I know who to root for? What's a girl to do?
I do have to say, for those of you who think I'm insane (because I'm a girl, and girls don't watch sports) that football is the only sport that I can get into. It's very Goldilocks & The Three Bears for me: Baseball is too slow, Basketball is too fast, but Football is just right. And hockey is really only good in person (have you seen the blood bounce on the ice?) Plus, my husband is a student, and after 10+ years of marriage (I get to add the + because we're into our 11th year) I miss him when he's studying, and dumb as it sounds, watching football makes me feel like he's in the room with me when he's not.
I will try to look on the brightside: perhaps there is a new, hot, young, recently discovered quarterback just waiting to make my season. Don't be afraid to give me a heads up if you notice one. In the meantime, I'll be crossing my fingers, and my toes, and my eyes, and my legs, and my arms...
9.08.2008
How could they leave him unprotected like that!
Posted by Valerie at 8:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I had no idea they had poisoned you, too. I hope, only because I like you, that they get some hot young guy in there somewhere.
*mutters to self: I can't believe it... fetchin' football.... sigh
I can say that I actually WATCH the games with Rob now. In college and high school I only went so I could socialize and watch the backsides on the sidelines. I love football pants. Rob's butt has never looked finer. I miss that.
Anyone have football pants I can borrow for a few nights? Just kidding.
Post a Comment