After reading Kendra's post about not being a people person I've been thinking a lot about that - wondering where I fell. I think I enjoy people, but only certain people. This is the reason that it's better that I don't have a job - I don't play well with others. But the people I do enjoy I really enjoy. Now, I love Ryan and the kids, I do. But there is just something about hanging out with girlfriends sans kids that I need on a monthly basis. Last night was Girl's Night which mostly involves Mountain High Mud Pie at Red Robin and spending 2 1/2 hours at a table talking about whatever - usually our experiences as women, mothers, wives, etc. But it gives us a chance to be together and laugh and realize that we're just as normal as the next gal. And it gives us a chance to miss our husbands and children. How can you miss them if you never leave them? I have some pretty incredible women that I get to hang out with as just women on a monthly basis and I am so grateful for them - they help keep me sane, or else we're all crazy together....either way I wouldn't trade them! Thanks for a great night Ladies!
5.17.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
i too am grateful for great girlfriends who understand that im not a people person, but like me anyway:)
here's to girls night out!
Post a Comment