If you don't live here you might not yet know that we had a big snowstorm last week. We got about 26 inches in 24 hours. And it just keeps snowing. The roads are a mess, we're now at about 33.5 inches in 5 days. The normal snowfall for this area is 44 inches. Last year we got 92 inches. But not all at once and not accumulated on top of each other. This is all outside, it looks like the world has shrunk down to little people size. You know, little fence, little house, etc. We can't find Ryan's white Jetta; it's completely covered. Plus, it's white like the snow so it blends in.
Okay, a couple of the days it didn't snow. But it seems like it's been non-stop. I woke up Sunday morning waiting for the call that church was cancelled. But no. Then I waited for the announcements in Sacrament Meeting that we were only going to have Sacrament Meeting. But no. So I had to teach R.S. anyway. I guess it was good that I read the lesson Sunday morning. Still, not the worst lesson I've ever taught.
In other snow news, after the initial big storm where we got dumped on, in a momentary snowfall lull Ryan and the boys built a snowcave out of all the snow that'd been shoveled off the driveway. Lincoln liked it so much that he wouldn't come out. They've only been out the one day, and Ryan had to shovel pathways for them to walk around in because Lincoln kept getting stuck. Alas, the powder has compacted so that the cave needs to be re-dug, but as it's colder than a witches....um, well you know, that's going to have to wait.
Today the snow looks like cotton fibers. Still cold though. I do have pictures but you'll just have to imagine as they're still on the camera. Merry Christmas! Ours will be white, what about yours?
12.23.2008
WOW! Look, a post!
Posted by Valerie at 11:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
no real snow to speak of here yet. just negative temps and a layer of ice covering everything. my kids are coveting all their cousins snow!
Merry Christmas!
Wow! That much snow in Spokane. Crazy! Looks like you'll be stuck in your house until March because they don't know how to use a snow plow there. Oh wait, I forgot about the snow burms in the middle lane of traffic, better make it April. Good luck and Have a Merry Christmas!
Ha Ha! I love Megan's comment. So true...
Anyway, glad the snow didn't knock out your internet. It's always good to read up on your family.
Ours is a white Christmas, too!
I don't know how to find out what our total snowfall is right now but it's a lot. Probably right around yours. We're in little people land, too.
Stay safe and warm.
Post a Comment