12.10.2009

What it's like at our house...

My kids are enrolled in a Sarcasm Immersion program. It's called Life With Valerie For a Mother. What we do in this program is lie to the children all the time about stupid stuff that doesn't matter. They catch on fairly quickly. Let's take for example last night's dinner conversation:

Caden: Where's Grandpa?

Sarcasm Immersion Specialist: Mongolia.

Caden: What's he doing in another state?

Sarcasm Immersion Specialist: Mongolia's another country, not a state. It's kind of up by China.

Caden: Well, what's he doing in Mongolia?

Sarcasm Immersion Specialist: He had to get a key made.

Caden: Oh, I get it, because everything's made in China. Ha ha.


The best part was the 'ha, ha' at the end because it was a completely sarcastic 'ha, ha'. He knew we were pulling his leg, and he let us know in our own language. *sniff* kind of brought a tear to the eye. ;)

My children are learning well.....Thanks Sarcasm Immersion School!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I took SPANISH immersion in elementary school. SARCASM immersion didn't come until high school. :)

The Momma said...

that's awesome.

Holly said...

it must be genetic. I'm proud of both you AND Caden.

Hesses Madhouse said...

Oh, I need to visit you more often. You're my kind of woman. Sarcasm was the language of love in my home growing up. I love that my children know just when someone's pulling their leg and how to respond appropriately. We're working on immersing them as well. So glad to see we're not alone. Thanks for the chuckle!